Testing Trace Equipment
Before playing your first game it's helpful to test and become familiar with your equipment. If you haven't already, check out our How To Trace tutorials before testing the equipment. Please follow the steps below:
1. Make sure the Tracers are fully charged.
2. Follow the steps in the Trace Teams App Wizard to “Start Tracing”
2. Use the opponent: CMEquipmentTest (This team already exists in the system)
3. Set Start time for next available time Slot
4. Set the half-lengths for 25 mins
5. Place the case outside your house for 1 hour. (The Tracers need to be outside so they can collect GPS) - Once recording, Tracers should be flashing red to indicate they are collecting data!
6. Place the camera next to the case - Both Cameras should say REC to indicate they are both recording
7. Once complete, follow the steps in Trace Teams App Wizard to “Stop Tracing”
8. Take case inside and follow the steps in Trace Teams App Wizard(Case Icon) to upload data - Cameras should be connected to the case through the usb ports in the top right corner during your upload
9. Lastly, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll check the data (Subject line: Equipment test for Case iD ####)